Tuesday, May 17, 2011

E-Mails from Russ Feingold

I get periodic e-mails from Russ Feingold addressed "Friend," which tells you we are not personal acquaintances.

In case you don't know him he's the founder of Progressives United. Here's what   Amanda Terkel, The Huffington Post said about him when he launched the new political party: "When some senators retire, they decide to take lucrative lobbying jobs. Others go straight to Wall Street. But Wisconsin Democrat Russ Feingold, who lost his re-election bid in November, is continuing on his principled -- and often lonely -- path by starting an organization to combat corporate influence in politics, an effort he hopes will spark "a new progressive movement" that will truly hold elected officials accountable."

I sometimes send Russ, I mean, Mr. Feingold, a reply. He never never has acknowledged them.

So I'm going to repeat my reply to him today. 

In his e-mail to me today, May 17, 2011 he was asking me to: Contribute $5 now to help us shame some of the anti-transparency senators and representatives by running online ads targeting their constituents.

Here's my reply: Mr. Feingold, thank you for not being another Joe McCarthy from Wisconsin. Thank you for starting Progressives United even though there are already too many progressive groups divided and conquered by the corpocracy. Thank you for your attempts to "decorporatize" our government.  You have a long way to go.

I suggest you read my book, The Devil's Marriage: Break Up the Corpocracy in the Lurch. There are in it scads of political, legislative, judicial, and economic reform proposals. If you buy and read it and also sign my petition at http://signon.org/sign/unite-to-end-americas?source=s.fwd&r_by=137064 I will contribute $5. 

Mr. Feingold, I bet you $5 you won't even respond to me personally in your own words and not those from or given to a staff member. 

Gary Brumback

http://www.democracypowernow.com/
http://www.democracypowerblog.spot.com/

What do you think, bloggers? Will I have to pony up $5? I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me knowq what you think.